Sunday, March 18, 2012

Singing in the Rain!

Well, maybe we didn't sing; but we sure did have fun with this week's wet weather!

Now, I'm sure this post will make my northwestern friends and family members giggle (soooooo classic Californian), but cut me some slack. We've had an unusually dry season; so a few days of drizzle, rain, and even hail were a welcome diversion from the constant gray gloom that can be Sacramento's winters.

Plus, I had an outfit waiting for this rain! No, not for me (although I did score some really cute purple paisley galoshes on Zappos a few months back), this one was for MJ.

I found the cutest little rain jacket and boots at Target months ago - and it's been burning a hole in his closet ever since.

So, as soon as the rain clouds darkened, MJ and I headed outdoors to enjoy the elements.

How cute is MJ in his little get up?



He was equally delighted with the apparel....









...and the rain!



And where there is rain, there are puddles. And puddles rock!

Here he goes!



What's this?



Hmmm...



I think I should stomp in it!



Unfortunately, as cute as MJ's outfit was - there was a gaping hole in its practicality. The boots were too big. I bought the smallest size that Target had, but they are still one size too large (I should have called the aforementioned friends and family in Washington! Surely babies wear galoshes in rain country.). And, as such, MJ seemed to end up on his diapered butt more than anything else.



So, we had to lose them.



Bye-bye, boots! Hello, puddles!




Without his too-big-boots, MJ was on his way and he didn't look back.






He walked up and down the street....



stomping in puddles...





chasing cats....



and splashing about.



He even stopped to do a baby-yoga downward dog pose in the rain.



Peek-a-boo!



Despite getting soaked and pretty much ruining a pair of tennies (they're still wet), we had a great time.



Look at his smile!



In fact, it was so much fun that we did the exact same thing again the next day....wet shoes and all.

1 comment: