And paper bags.
And reusable bags.
Really, I let him play with pretty much any kind of bag that I can find. Big, small, crinkly, smooth, he loves them all.
I first noticed MJ's love for bags when we were opening a present from a family friend. As you might expect, he enjoyed the bag more than the sweater inside. He entertained himself for nearly half an hour with that little plastic piece of heaven. Crinkle, crinkle, crinkle - he LOVED that noise!
I kept the bag around for him to play with, and he quickly graduated to paper bags. At first he just shook them around, delighted with the thunderous noise they make when flapping in the air. Then he learned how to open them and how to pull apart the handles. Endless hours of fun!
He's become so attached to his bags that when I took some out to the recycling bin the other day, I swear he gave me a dirty look. Where are you going with my favorite toy, Mommy? he seemed to be thinking. Little does he know that Mommy has plenty more safely stocked away.
So what's with the bag obsession? It really shouldn't come as much of a surprise that grocery bags are some of his favorite toys; after all, he comes by it honestly in this family. Still, the first time his eyes lit up at the sight of a paper Raley's bag, it made me laugh. When I took it away and he cried, it made me laugh even harder.
Here's MJ with a plastic bag. See, I supervise him with these - I'm not a bad Mommy.

Mmmm, tasty.

Here's MJ with his favorite paper bag.
Whether it's the sound, the texture, or something else, MJ sure loves his bags! And since these toys are FREE, Mommy loves them too!
So, yes - I am a proud Bag Lady and I love having a little bag baby.

Ha! Fabulous!!!
ReplyDelete