Monday, June 20, 2011

Crafty Fun!

I love crafts. I'm not claiming to be talented at them (I have major CraftGawker envy!), but I love them nonetheless. And, since being creative is something that I really enjoy, I hope to pass it along to MJ.

So, I decided Father's Day was a perfect time to introduce MJ to the wonderful world of crafts. Handprint art seemed like a good way to start. After all, I had three extra mini canvases left over from decorating the nursery, which would be just right to make a gift for the Dads that were coming to our Father's Day barbecue.

After a trip to Michael's for some paint, some old towels gathered, and the baby stripped down to his diaper, we were ready to start!

Here we go!



MJ looks a bit unsure about this blue liquidy stuff.



Hmm, it's squishy!



Surprise, surprise - MJ wasn't too keen on holding still for a handprint. And, to make matters more complicated, the store clerk recommended the wrong paint. This runny finger paint stuff was too wet to hold a handprint on our canvas.



Ok, time for Plan B: Baby Modern Art!



This is much more fun!





All done!




MJ is messy, happy, and adorable. Mark this project down as a craft success. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment