Love is a many-splendored thing.
Love makes the world go round.
No, the theme for week six wasn't show tunes and pop songs. It was love! A perfect theme for a Valentine's Week, all hearts and roses and smooches…..except I've got little boys. And they already sat for heart photos once this year and I knew they weren't about to do it again.
So, I improvised. I chose to photograph each person in our family doing something that they love.
Here is my submission: "Love is an Excavator"
The image was inspired by MJ's undying and unconditional love for all things construction. And the photograph's title was inspired by his own rendition of the popular "Love in an Open Door" from the movie Frozen in which he changed the lyrics to be an ode to heavy equipment. Man, I love that kid!
What Evan loves most in the world is technology. Give him an iPad or iPhone and he is happy. Take it away and his life is over. (This makes rationing screen time super fun for Mommy!) Here he is entranced by his one true love, the iPhone.
Daddy's greatest love is golfing. And he loves to share it with his boys. I love watching how patient and encouraging he is with them and how eagerly they soak up his instruction and attention. Here is Ted with Evan at the driving range for the first time, teaching him how to swing. I think they're both pretty thrilled!
As for me? What do I love doing most? Exactly what you see on this blog. Capturing memories of my family...
May your week be filled with love, light, and laughter!





No comments:
Post a Comment