Saturday, September 24, 2011

A Visit to the Mall

Now that MJ has more energy, I find myself looking for creative ways to expend it. So when my friend Megan told me that Pottery Barn Kids offers a children's story hour, I was excited.

At first I wasn't sure if he'd sit still, or if he'd even notice the storybook. I was wrong. He was transfixed by the magical Pottery Barn sales associate, her sparkly antennae (we were reading the Hungry Caterpillar so it made sense) and the slow, dramatic way that she turned the pages.

Here we are beginning the story:



And craning to get a better look. How adorable is the expression of concentration on his face? I could eat up his little cheeks!



After the story was finished, the big kids do a craft project that relates to the story (hence the antennae modeled by the sales associate). But, since MJ and his friend Noah are still too small for glitter and glue, we decided to head to the kids play area instead.

First stop, the bean bag forest!



This is so much fun!



I love bean bags. :)



We had such a great time that we couldn't wait to go back the following week. And just like last time, MJ was fascinated by the story and the big kids, especially the girls. :)



Since MJ's friend Noah is a toddler, his Mommy and I thought we'd try and get some of his wiggles out at the play area at the Galleria. Turns out it was a hit for MJ, too.

Let me tell you, this play area is the coolest! The whole floor is slightly padded and bouncy, designed for lots of tumbles. There are play structures to climb on and jump on (and off), and tunnels to crawl over and through. What's more, they all have a slight give when pressed upon so you don't have to worry about hard surfaces and bonked heads or butts when kids take the inevitable spill.

Here's MJ and his friend Noah checking it out:



MJ quickly figured out this was the perfect place to practice his climbing skills.



And his standing skills...



This place is the best!



They even have girls here. :)



Mommy, I am happy!



Looks like we found ourselves a new outing. And the best part is, it's free!

No comments:

Post a Comment